Consent Matters and Tackling Harassment
Consent Matters and Tackling Harassment Courses
At The University of Edinburgh, we are working to ensure that our campus is a safe environment for everybody.
Take the free online ‘Consent Matters’ and 'Tackling Harassment' courses to learn about the importance of sexual consent, recognizing harassment and how you can look out for others.
What are the courses about?
The ‘Consent Matters’ course covers sexual consent, relationships and bystander intervention training.
The course will discuss what informed sexual consent looks like, how all parties can respect and agree clear boundaries and ensure there is consent at all times.
The course will assist you to support and services you can access and will help you to identify and recognise any abusive behaviours and lack of respect, as well as challenging the behaviours & attitudes of those who don’t respect personal & sexual boundaries.
‘Tackling Harassment’ addresses all forms of harassment and discrimination. The course examines harassment and hate, and how members of the University community can recognise problematic situations and intervene safely.
Who are the courses for?
The course is free for all students and staff at the University of Edinburgh
Instructions for accessing the courses
1. Click on this link to register https://courses.epigeum.com/register.
Complete all the required fields, leave the ‘Institution-specific field’ blank.
IMPORTANT: You must use your University of Edinburgh email address to register. The address will end with @sms.ed.ac.uk or @ed.ac.uk
2. In the 'Token' field enter code 20dbe410
3. Click the 'Register' button at the bottom of the page.
4. You'll receive an account activation email to the address you entered during registration. Click on the link in the email to activate your account.
If you don't receive the email you can resend it here https://courses.epigeum.com/register/revalidate.
5. Once your account is activated you can log in using your username (your email address) and password.
6. You'll see the Epigeum programmes in the 'My Courses' screen.
If you don’t see the programmes you may need to enter the 'Token' in the user menu which is at the top of the page on the right.
7. Click on a programme to see the available courses, then click on a course to launch it. When your account active you can access it here https://courses.epigeum.com/login.
If you have any problems please see the help page https://courses.epigeum.com/help or contact the Epigeum customer support team here https://www.epigeum.com/epigeum-technical-support/.