The University of Edinburgh Staff Pride Network for LGBT+ colleagues and allies.
Stonewall Scotland Network of the Year 2018
Purpose of the Network
- To provide a way for LGBT+ staff and allies to get to know each other through formal and informal events, and feel part of a welcoming LGBT+ community at work.
- To provide a mechanism for enabling LGBT+ staff to come together to share information and support by providing a space for the safe discussion of LGBT+ issues.
- To provide all staff with confidential support and advice on lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans issues at work
- To provide a forum with which the University can consult on project and policy related matters in relation to equality of treatment for LGBT+ staff and help inform the University’s approach to promoting an inclusive and supportive culture.
- To raise the profile of LGBT+ staff within and beyond the University.
- To enable the sharing of best practice, knowledge, ideas and thoughts on operational, research and academic work in relation to LGBT+ issues.