Advancing Gender Equality
Advancing Gender Equality Steering Group
To act as the self-assessment team for the University’s Athena SWAN Silver submission.
To review the University’s performance and progress in promoting gender equality, with particular regard to the progression of staff and students.
To support the University in meeting the gender-related targets in its Strategic Plan.
To evaluate the impact and promote the sharing of University-wide (and School) good practice initiatives in gender equality and develop a plan of priorities for further action.
Report to People Committee as required and link with the University Athena SWAN Network, promoting a two-way channel of communication.
- Convener: Vice-Principal People & Culture, Professor Jane Norman
- Doreen Davidson, University Court
- Katherine Brookfied, Reserach Fellow, ECA
- Linda Criggie, Deputy Director of HR
- Esther Dominy, EUSA VPSA
- Gavin Douglas, Deputy Secretary Student Experience
- Catherine Elliot, MVM Colleg Registrar
- Hugh Edmiston, Director of Corporate Services
- Rhona Feist, Athena SWAN Support, AHSS
- Bob Fisher, Professor and Dean of Research, CSE
- Sorcha Gilroy, PhD student
- Gillian Gray, Reader, MVM
- Jane Hillston, Professor, Informatics
- Elise Malavasi, MVM Postdoc
- Dorothy Miell, Head of College, AHSS
- Lesley McAra, Head of School, Law
- Alan Murray, Chair of Neural Electronics and Assistant Principal Academic Support, CSE
- Eve O’Loan, Sports Union President
- Peter Phillips, Deputy Director of Planning, GASP
- Lorna Skirving, Head of HR, Corporate Services
- Jon Turner Director of IAD
- Caroline Wallace, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, Human Resources
- Val White, Campus Operating Officer, Easter Bush
Secretary, Denise Boyle, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Human Resources