Professional Services E&D Coordinators
Professional Services Groups Equality, Diversity & Inclusion leads role descriptor and contacts
Equality and Diversity Coordinators may help as a source of local advice in Departments on general equality and diversity issues.
1. Role Descriptor
The University of Edinburgh is committed to creating and promoting a positive culture which celebrates difference, challenges prejudice and ensures fairness
To support the implementation of the University’s Equality and Diversity Strategy, including to assist the University meeting its equality duties, within their School/Dept. and through relevant involvement in College/Support Group and University bodies and activities.
- To support the implementation of the University’s Equality and Diversity’s Strategy, including to assist the University meeting its equality duties, within their School/Dept. and through relevant involvement in College/Support Group and University bodies and activities
- Ensure equality is included as a standing agenda item on School/Dept. Senior Management (or equivalent) committees
- Act as an initial point of contact for individuals to signpost advice on general equality matters to assist the individual to make a decision about action to follow
- Lead and/or contribute to E&D projects, initiatives and other actions within their School/Dept.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of College/Support Group Equality and Diversity policies and practices, and act as a source of advice on equality impact assessment
- Act as a liaison point with University and College/Support Group E&D bodies/functions, e.g. for two-way sharing and promotion of good practice and for gathering School/Dept. level equality information
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes required:
- Commitment to promoting, and helping to mainstream, Equality and Diversity and to the development of an inclusive University
- A broad understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues and of the legal framework
- Awareness and understanding of the University’s Equality and Diversity Strategy and Action Plan and related policies, including the Dignity and Respect Policy
- Awareness of the University’s and College/Support Group’s Equality and Diversity structures and sources of information and advice
- An understanding of, and willingness to promote and provide advice on Equality Impact Assessment in their area.
2. List of Professional Services Groups Coordinators
|Susan Burns||Health & Safety|
|Nicola Cuthbert||Inst. for Academic Developmentemail@example.com|
|Alex Forrest||Main Library||Alex.Forest@ed.ac.uk|
|Dave Gorman||Sustainability and Social Responsibility|
|Craig Henderson||Finance and Procurement|
|Vacant||University Secretary's Group|
|Anne-Marie Scott||Information Services||Anne.Marie.Scott@ed.ac.uk|