We run a series of workshops for staff who are working with international students.
Working with international students: Issues for second language users of English.
A series of two-hour workshops for university academic staff working with international students in a lecturing, tutoring or supervision capacity. The aim of the workshops is to develop academic staff awareness of language-related issues specific to students with English as a second language and to develop strategies and skills for use in an internationalised teaching environment.
The series which runs in Semester One and post-Semester Two is open to any academic staff member in the University. Details here:
We can also run the series or individual workshops for specific School-based staff on request. Here are some topics we can include but, if you have other requests, please contact us.
- Helping students with comprehension & communication
- Encouraging communication in lectures & seminars
- Designing explanations which are accessible
- Dealing with post-graduate students’ writing
- Supervising post-graduate students who have English as a second language
Supporting your language development
International lecturers can approach us for advice about their own language needs.
For further information: