English Language Education

Visa Information

How to find out about visa requirements.

If you are applying for the year round programme (English for Academic and General Purposes) and have the intention of possibly continuing onto the summer pre-sessional programme, please note that due to Academic Progression requirements you may need to return to your home country to submit your Tier 4 visa application.  Contact the Student Immigration Service for further information:

Student Immigration Service

For information on immigration requirements for non-EEA students, you should contact the British Mission in your own country.

Further information is available from the UK Visa website.


For advice on how to apply for a visa, visit the British Council website.


The Student Immigration Service webpages provide useful information for students coming to the UK.

Student Immigration Service Website