Apply for Summer EAP Courses
Applications for the Pre-Sessional programme for Summer 2019 are now closed.
Applications received by the deadline will be reviewed and, depending on availability, a very limited number of places may be available for applicants on the waiting list. Further details will be available in late April.
Before applying for a Summer Course, make sure you:
Have the minimum level of English required for your University of Edinburgh postgraduate degree programme. You can check the English level entry requirements here;
- hold an active offer for a University of Edinburgh postgraduate degree programme valid from September 2019;
- have your University of Edinburgh student number (UUN);
- have your passport number (your passport must be valid for the period you intend to study);
- have your Test Report Form (TRF) number - Academic IELTS that qualifies for the degree programme. If you have met the English language requirements for your degree programme with another English language certificate, please send a copy to ELEinfo@ed.ac.uk.
- Applications from students who have met the English language requirements of their offer will not be considered for the 10 and 7-week programme
Agents will also need:
- A completed COL Data Protection Disclaimer for Agents form, clearly stating the full name of the student, and signed and dated by the student. We cannot process the application without it. Please ensure that if the branch name is stated on this form it matches the branch name given in the online application form. This is the only document you need to send to us by email, please do not send us any other documents. Download a copy of the form below, and email it at the time of application to ELEinfo@ed.ac.uk
- the name of the University of Edinburgh postgraduate degree programme for which the student has applied;
- the student’s personal email address, home address and telephone number;
- email address of the contact who is dealing with the application.
Applications for the 10 and 7-week programme are open from 14th January to 15th April 2019, and should be made using our online application form. Please do not send us applications by email, as we won’t be able to process them. Please note, we cannot guarantee places to all applicants.
Applications for the 4-week programme will open after applications close for the 10 and 7-week programme, and are subject to availability once all 10 and 7-week applications have been assessed. More information will be available nearer the time.
To study our English language programmes, non-European nationals will need to have a valid visa or permission to study in the UK. Please see our Visa Information page for more details.
To apply, please complete the application form below. Application forms should be completed fully, and accurately. Incorrect data may result in the application being declined.
Please note: Students are expected to attend from the first day of the course. Students unable to attend from the first day may be denied entry to the course.