Read our latest blog posts from a range of contributors.
The RIGEN blogs are intended to raise issues relating to promoting race equality, inclusivity, and anti-racism within education in general. Blogs may present issues arising from research or may be a commentary that an individual with a commitment to race, anti-racism and inclusivity in education wishes to offer. Contributions can discuss examples of improving practice or raise discussions about conundrums or discomforts.
The aim of the blogs is to open up discussion and to provide spaces for disruption and transformation. The series builds on the work of CERES blogs, which can all be accessed at the link below.
If you are interested in contributing a blog to RIGEN, please read the information for authors.
Links to the RIGEN blogs will be posted below. For updates on new blogs, please follow us on Twitter @RIGENedu.
- Blog 1: Introducing the Race and Inclusivity in Global Education Network (RIGEN) Blog Series, by Omolabake Fakunle, Jingyi Li, and Marlies Kustatscher (RIGEN Co-Conveners) - published 15/11/22
- Blog 2: Decolonising Curriculum Knowledge: A scholarly journey from the local, to national and international perspectives, Marlon Lee Moncrieffe, School of Education, University of Brighton - published 28/11/22
- Blog 3: Is there a tipping point before we pivot collectively and decisively for racial justice? By Rowena Arshad, University of Edinburgh - published 13/01/23
- Blog 4: Building Racial Literacy: Making Anti-Racism a Baseline Professional Value, by Mélina Valdelièvre, Education Scotland - published 22/02/23
- Blog 5: Reflections on the Building Racial Literacy (BRL) Programme, by Karen Munro, Depute Headteacher, Lenzie Academy - published 22/02/23
- Blog 6: The Rise of an Anti-Racist Educator, by Arnault Kasa, Class Teacher, Peel Primary School - published 22/02/23
- Blog 7: A very personal account of the impact of racism, intersecting oppressions and coloniality on neurodivergence, by Pavithra Sarma, PhD Student, MHSES, University of Edinburgh - published 14/08/23