ETAL Seminars and conferences
Conferences, seminars and Invited talks are listed here.
ETAL Spring Seminar Series 2017
About the series:
- 45 minute talks + 30 minutes discussion.
- 5 external and 3 internal guest speakers on topics related to language study, language learning and language teaching.
- aimed at researchers and teaching staff with an interest in language, and MSc TESOL, MSc Language Teaching, MSc Applied Linguistics, PhD and EdD students.
Dates / Speakers / Seminar titles:
- 5 April: Andrea Young: Challenging the monolingual habitus in the French preschool through the legitimisation of home languages as essential cognitive tools
- 22 March: Brona Murphy/Farah Akbar: British Converts to Islam: Constructing (New) identities
- 8 March: Bernie O'Rourke: This is the UK so speak English! - linguistic intolerance, anonymity and monolingual regimes
- 22 February: Florence Myles: The younger the better? A comparison of 5, 7 and 11 year olds learning French in the classroom in the UK
- 8 February: Russell Stannard: Key technologies that impact on our teaching and learning
- 25 January: Nicola Galloway: Research to classroom practice: Global Englishes and ELT testbooks
- 11 January: Chris Layland: 'The uses of objects in English team teacher lesson planning meetings
ETAL videos from past seminars
BAALSIG Conference 2015
BAAL Language Learning & Teaching SIG 2015 (11th) Annual Conference
Date & Time: 2 -3 July 2015
Further information: BAALSIG Conference 2015 website
University accommodation options and hotels near Moray House School of Education: University accommodation