Seminar 1: Universal principles of equality: Implications for different groups
The seminar series will give policy-makers, academics and activists the opportunity to discuss the key issues of mainstreaming equality in different parts of the UK and consider the wider picture in Europe and North America.
This seminar considered the way in which policies on equality and diversity have been developed and implemented in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Ireland. The implications of these variations for particular groups and for the wider equality and human rights agenda were considered. The implications of the equality proofing and social audit agendas were addressed.
|Date||Friday 18 February 2005, 9.30am-5.00pm|
|Venue||Equality House, Belfast|
- ESRC Seminar 1 Programme (pdf)
- ESRC Seminar 1 Presentation (Powerpoint)
- ESRC Seminar 1 Presentation E Collins (Powerpoint)
- ESRC Seminar 1 Abstracts (pdf)
- Kathleen Lynch, Centre for Equality Studies, University College Dublin Equality policies: The importance of equality of condition (pdf)
- Sally Witcher, University of Edinburgh, Mainstreaming equality theories: Towards a generic model of discrimination (pdf)
- John Brewer, University of Aberdeen, Ensuring equality of religion and belief: New challenges (pdf)
- Anne Stafford, University of Edinburgh, Children and the Equalities Agenda (pdf)