Calls for evidence by Scottish & Welsh Governments on HE & widening access (25.9.2015)
CREID has responded to recent calls for evidence issues by the Scottish and Welsh Governments on higher education and widening access.
A paper "Student Funding and Widening Access to HK: Wales in UK Comparative Perspective" was prepared for the Review of Higher Education Funding and Student Finance Arrangements in Wales on the 24th July 2015. This was followed by another evidence paper by Susan Whittaker to inform the Diamond Committee of the cross-border student flows between Wales and England.
Another response from CREID and from Lucy Hunter Blackburn to the call for evidence by the Scottish Government Commission on Widening Access, are also available via the following links:
Evidence to the Welsh Government - Student Funding and Widening Access to Higher Education: Wales in UK Comparative Perspective
Evidence to the Welsh Government - Cross-border flows between Wales and England: Domicile, destinations and student characteristics
Evidence from CREID to the Scottish Government Commission on Widening Access
Evidence from Lucy Hunter Blackburn to the Scottish Government Commission on Widening Access (Click HERE for its Annex)
- Scottish Higher Education: Getting in and Getting on (1.12.2015)
- Understanding student finance in Scotland: launch event (11.9.2015)
- Attracting diversity: Identifying underrepresented groups
- Research into widening participation at the University of Edinburgh: the student’s perspective
- Higher Education in Scotland, the Devolution Settlement and the Referendum on Independence
Blackburn, Hunter Lucy. (2015) Whose to lose? Citizens, institutoins and the ownership of higher educaiton funding in a devolved UK. HEPI Report 72.
Minty, Sarah (2015) Student finance: A guide to higher education in Scotland. Edinburgh: CREID, University of Edinburgh.