New book published - HE in Scotland & the UK (27.10.2015)
Our new book Higher Education in Scotland and the UK: Diverging or Converging Systems? is now published.
The chapters "Soctitsh higher education and devolution" (Chapter 1), "Research policy in Scotland and the rest of the UK" (Chapter 8) and "Devolution and higher education policy: negotiating UK and international boundaries" (Chapter 9) by Professor Sheila Riddell and the chapters "Widening access to higher education in Scotland, the UK and Europe" (Chapter 6) and "The internationalisation of higher education in Scotland and the UK" (Chapter 7) by Dr Elisabet Weedon, all draw on the findings from our ESRC-funded project "Higher education in Scotland, the devolution settlement and the referendum on independence."
- Scottish Higher Education: Getting in and Getting on (1.12.2015) (registration now open)
- Improving young people’s knowledge of student finance: NEW guide launched (11.9.2015)
- Attracting diversity: Identifying underrepresented groups
- Research into widening participation at the University of Edinburgh: the student’s perspective
- Higher Education in Scotland, the Devolution Settlement and the Referendum on Independence
Blackburn, Hunter Lucy. (2015) Whose to lose? Citizens, institutoins and the ownership of higher educaiton funding in a devolved UK. HEPI Report 72.
Minty, Sarah (2015) Student finance: A guide to higher education in Scotland. Edinburgh: CREID, University of Edinburgh.