Matt McGovern is a Research Associate in the Centre for Research in Education Inclusion and Diversity at the Moray House School of Education, University of Edinburgh. Matt possesses both an undergraduate degree in Economics and History from York University and a Masters degree in Social Research Methods from Aberdeen University.
- Centre for Research in Education Inclusion and Diversity
- Moray House School of Education
- University of Edinburgh
Simon Laurie House
- Post Code
- EH8 8AQ
Having joined CREID in 2009, Matt is presently involved in a project on workplace learning delivered by Scotland’s colleges, with a focus on exploring the experiences of learners. He has also co authored a report for the Scottish Government on literacies programmes in workplaces. His research interests include union involvement with workplace learning.
- Tett L, McGovern M, and Weedon E. (2010) Analysis of Workplace Literacies Pilot Project Reports, Scottish Government. Forthcoming June 2010.
- Payne F, Bain Y, Coutts N, Gooday M, McGovern M, Spratt J, Walker C. (2007) The Evaluation of the FLaT Highland Future Schools Project: Ardnamurchan High School and Glen Urquhart High School. Flat Projects Scottish Executive
- McGovern MP, Williams DJ, Hannaford PC, Taylor MW, Lefevre KE, Boroujerdi M, Simpson CR. Introduction of a new incentive and target-based contract for family physicians in the UK: good for older patients but less good for women? Diabet Med 2008, 25: 1083-1089
- McGovern MP, Boroujerdi M, Taylor MW, Williams DJ, Hannaford PC Lefevre KE, Simpson CR. The effect of the UK incentive based contract on the management of patients with coronary heart disease in primary care. Family Practice 2008; doi 10.1093/fampra/cmm073.
- Simpson CR, Hannaford PC, McGovern M, Taylor MW, Green PN, Lefevre K, Williams DJ. Are different groups of patients with stroke more likely to be excluded from the new UK general medical services contract? A cross-sectional retrospective analysis of a large primary care population. BMC Fam Pract. 2007 Sep 27;8:56.
Refereed and published conference preceedings
- McGovern MP, Boroujerdi MA, Taylor MW, Williams DJ, Hannaford PC, Lefevre KE, Simpson C. Emerging gender differences in the measurement of quality indicators in diabetic patients, after the introduction of a new national primary care contract. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2008; 65: 986. Proceedings of the British Pharmacological Society Winter Meeting 07, Brighton, Dec 07.