Staff profile of Linda Ahlgren, Research Fellow for the Centre for Research in Education, Inclusion and Diversity (CREID).
- Centre for Research in Education Inclusion and Diversity
- Moray House School of Education
- University of Edinburgh
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After working in a number of education and social care posts in Sweden, Linda moved to Scotland and undertook a degree in Psychology at Glasgow University. Joining CREID in September 2005, Linda was the lead researcher on a number of projects looking at workplace learning in Scottish small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
Scottish Sensory Centre evaluation of educational provision for children and young people with sensory impairment in Scotland
Towards a lifelong learning society in Europe
Equality and diversity in the further education
Evaluation of the Scottish pilot
Evaluation of ENQUIRE, the Scottish Advice Service for Additional Support for Learning
Referred journal articles
- Ahlgren, L. and Engel, L. C. (2011) Lifelong learning through SMEs: exploring workplace learning in the UK Journal of Workplace Learning, Vol. 32(5), pp. 331-348.
- Ahlgren, L. and Tett, L. (2010) Work-based learning, identity and the skills agenda Studies in Continuing Education, Vol. 32(1), pp. 17-27.
- Riddell, S., Ahlgren, L. and Weedon, E. (2009) Equity and Lifelong Learning: Lessons from Workplace learning in Scottish SMEs International Journal of Lifelong Education, Vol. 26(6), pp. 777-795.
- Weedon, E., Riddell, S., Ahlgren, L. and Litjens, J. (2008) 'If you happen to be the right age, have the right colour, no disability ... you're sorted' Social Audit and Equality Policies for staff in Scottish Further Education Colleges Scottish Educational Review, Vol. 40(1), pp. 54-65.
Published conference papers
- Riddell, S., Ahlgren, L. and Weedon, E. (2008) Equity and lifelong learning: lessons from workplace development in Scotland Lifelong Learning and Equity in Scotland. Workshop funded by SFC as part of the Best Practice in Equality and Human Rights Knowledge Exchange Programme, Mecure Point Hotel, Edinburgh, 13th November 2008.
- Ahlgren, L. (2008) The perspective of SMEs of workers' participation in formal learning in Symposium: learning for life and work? Proceedings of the Scottish Educational Research Association Conference, Perth, November 2008.
- Ahlgren, L. (2008) Organisational learning cultures and the iterative relationship between employer and employees in Symposium: First, Second and third chances to learn: opportunities throughout the lifecourse. Proceedings of the British Educational Research Association (BERA) Conference, Heriot-Watt University, 3rd-6th September 2008.
- Ahlgren, L. and Engel, L. (2008) SMEs and the participation of workers in formal learning: Comparative perspectives from Scotland and England. Proceedings of the British Educational Research Association Conference (BERA), Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, 3rd-6th September 2008.
- Ahlgren, L. and Tett, L. (2008) Adult literacy and the discourse of skills. Proceedings of Standing Conference of University Teaching and Research in the Education of Adults (SCUTREA), University of Edinburgh, 2nd-4th July 2009.
- Ahlgren, L. (2007) Workplace learning in SMEs in socially disadvantaged areas. Proceedings of the British Educational Research Association Conference 2007, London.
- Ahlgren, L. (2007) Learning in small and medium sized enterprises in Scotland. Proceeding of the conference: “the times they are a-changin’: researching transitions in lifelong learning, Centre for research in lifelong learning, Stirling.
- Weedon, E., Litjens, J., Ahlgren, L. (2006) Equality and Diversity in the Further Education Workforce in Scotland. Proceedings of the British Education Research Association Student Conference 2006, Warwick.
- Riddell, S., Weedon, E., Ahlgren, L. and McCluskey, G. (2009) Religious Education In a Multi-Cultural Society: Scotland National Report. Edinburgh: European Union.
- Ahlgren, L., Riddell, S. and Weedon, E. (2008) LLL2010 National Report for Scotland. Subproject 4. The role of formal education in workforce development in Scotland. CREID, University of Edinburgh.
- Ahlgren, L., Riddell, S., Tett, L. and Weedon, E. (2007) Experiences of Workplace Learning in SMEs: Lessons for Good Practice. Final Report. Edinburgh: CREID, University of Edinburgh.
- Riddell, S., Ahlgren, L., Pearson, C., Williams, V., Watson, N. and MacFarlane, H. (2006) The Implementation of Direct Payments for People who use Care Services. Edinburgh: Scottish Parliament.
- Riddell, S., Ahlgren, L., Maguire, R. and Stafford, A. (2006) Evaluation of Enquire, the Scottish Advice and Information Services for Additional Support for Learning. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive.
- Riddell, S., Ahlgren, L. and Stafford, A. (2006) Information Services to Children and Young People with Disabilities. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive.
- Riddell, S., Ahlgren, L., Litjens, J. and Weedon, E. (2005) Equality and Diversity in the Further Education Workforce: Report to the Scottish Further Education Funding Council. Edinburgh: Centre for Research in Education Inclusion and Diversity.
- Ahlgren, L., Riddell, S., Weedon, E. and Tett, L. (2008) Experiences of workplace learning in SME's: Lessons for Good Practice vol. 9 (creid briefing).
- Riddell, S., Ahlgren, L., Maguire, R. and Stafford, A. (2006) The Future Delivery of Advice and Information Services for Additional Support Needs in Scotland Insight, vol. 32, Edinburgh: Scottish Executive (government publication).