Linda Ahlgren is a Research Fellow in the Centre for Research in Education Inclusion and Diversity at the Moray House School of Education, University of Edinburgh. After completing her first degree in psychology at the University of Glasgow, Linda joined CREID in 2005. She has been involved in a number of projects mainly focusing on further education and lifelong learning. Her main research interest is workplace learning.
She is currently involved in Managing Progress: Realise and LL2010 - Towards a Lifelong Learning Society in Europe: The Contribution of the Education System.
Linda is currently working on a PhD looking at adult learning in Scottish small and medium sized enterprises.
Towards a lifelong learning society in Europe
Equality and diversity in the Scottish further education workforce
Evaluation of the Scottish pilot of restorative practices in school settings
Evaluation of ENQUIRE, the Scottish Advice Service for Additional Support for Learning
Refereed conference proceedings
- Ahlgren, L. (2007) Workplace learning in SMEs in socially disadvantaged areas. Proceedings of the British Educational Research Association Conference 2007, London.
- Ahlgren, L. (2007) Learning in small and medium sized enterprises in Scotland. Proceeding of the conference: “the times they are a-changin’: researching transitions in lifelong learning, Centre for research in lifelong learning, Stirling.
- Weedon, E., Litjens, J., Ahlgren, L. (2006) Equality and Diversity in the Further Education Workforce in Scotland. Proceedings of the British Education Research Association Student Conference 2006, Warwick.
Refereed journal articles
- Weedon, J., Riddell, S, Ahlgren, L. and Litjens, J. (2008) ‘If you happen to the be the right age, have the right colour, no disability … you’re sorted’: social audit and equality policy for staff in Scottish Further Education Colleges. Scottish Educational Review, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 54-65.
- Ahlgren, L., Riddell, S. & Weedon, E. (2008) LLL2010 National Report for Scotland. Subproject 4. The role of formal education in workforce development in Scotland. Centre for Research in Education Inclusion and Diversity, University of Edinburgh.
- Ahlgren, L., Riddell, S., Tett, L. and Weedon, E. (2007) Experiences of Workplace Learning in SMEs: Lessons for Good Practice Final Report, Edinburgh: CREID, University of Edinburgh.
- Riddell, S., Litjens, J., Ahlgren, L. and Weedon, E. (2005) Equality and Diversity in the Further Education Workforce: Final Report to the Scottish Further Education Unit Edinburgh: University of Edinburgh.
- Riddell, S., Stafford, A., Maguire, R., Ahlgren, L. and Burns, C. (2005) Evaluation of Enquire, the Scottish Advice Service for Additional Support for Learning Edinburgh: University of Edinburgh.