Introduction to effective timetabling
This is an intensive 3-day secondary school timetabling course for those involved in the construction of the school timetable for the first time or in need of an overview of the basics of the theory and practice of timetabling, particularly with a focus on curriculum for excellence. The course runs in November, December and January each year.
“How Good is our School 4” states that the school curriculum should have a clear vision of the school and its community. The needs of the learner should be at the centre of curriculum design and development. The school timetable is the vehicle which supports the delivery of an effective curriculum. The skills of the timetabler are key to bringing any curriculum design into fruition.
The course will:
- Develop the basic skills and techniques required to produce a secondary school timetable.
- Provide a series of in-depth practical exercises based around a real school timetable and real curriculum designs.
- Promote efficiency within timetabling.
- Provide an opportunity to share curriculum structures and development ideas with fellow timetablers.
- Introduce techniques that can widen curricular offerings to learners.
- Demonstrate software that supports the timetabling process.
Who is the course for?
Headteachers, Senior School Managers, Principal Teachers, Business Managers and staff with a keen interest in learning how to timetable.
The course runs in November, December and January.
If you would like to be notified of the next course's dates and booking information please fill in this form and we will get back to you as soon as we have further information.
For further information:
We also offer a one-day intermediate timetabling course for those who have experience with timetabling or those who have participated in the introductory course who seek to go further.
Engaging delivery, content was excellent, and I feel I have a solid grounding in the theory and basic application of timetabling
It provides me with the confidence to create a timetable when the time comes.
Inclusion of practical exercises was extremely helpful.
Thank you for managing to condense a huge process into 3 days in a useful and clear manner.
Grant’s knowledge and experience was invaluable - lots of great tips!