Timetabling Curriculum for Excellence
This is an intermediate timetabling course for those that have completed the Effective Timetabling course or those with some knowledge of timetabling.
In building a curriculum where all young people experience the Curriculum for Excellence Principles, the skills of the school timetabler play a key role in the process. Curriculum models can be quite innovative and at times quite a challenge for the team putting together the timetable.
This additional SCSSA course - to the classic 'Effective Timetabling ' residential course - is a one-day programme for staff members with some experience of timetabling or those with some basic knowledge of timetable construction.
The course will provide some thoughts, ideas and techniques that could support a school wishing to develop their curriculum model to better meet the needs of learners.
During the course, participants will:
- Look at the parameters within which a curriculum is designed and constructed. E.g. teacher contracts, structure of the school day, SQA subjects offered, length of teaching units etc.
- Meet with colleagues to share different school curricular arrangements across all age groups of learners and share timetabling experiences delivering different designs.
- Look at some examples of different approaches to timetabling the senior phase in CfE. E.g. single cohorts of pupils from S4 to S6.
- Look at some ways of timetabling choice for pupils in the BGE.
- Consider inter-disciplinary learning and its delivery within a timetable.
- Consider ways of delivering pupil entitlement subjects across all the year groups.
This is a 1-day course with a total cost of £139. Bookings prior to an event are required. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
This course will run on:
Wednesday 28 February 2018
All parts of the programme will include some practical exercises to reinforce some of the techniques and ideas examined during the day.
|Venue: Moray House School of Education|
|0915-0930||Tea, Coffee, Registration|
|0930-1030||Curriculum Design and the School Week|
|1100-1200||Senior Phase Timetabling- an approach to a single cohort|
|1200-1300||Delivering Pupil Entitlement Subjects|
|1400-1500||Interdisciplinary learning and pupil choice within the BGE|
|1500-1600||Consortia Arrangements in the Senior Phase|