Introduction to Effective Timetabling
An intensive 3-day secondary school timetabling course for those involved in the construction of the school timetable for the first time or in need of an overview of the basics of the theory and practice of timetabling, particularly with a focus on curriculum for excellence.
“How Good is our School 4” states that the school curriculum should have a clear vision of the school and its community. The needs of the learner should be at the centre of curriculum design and development. The school timetable is the vehicle which supports the delivery of an effective curriculum. The skills of the timetabler are key to bringing any curriculum design into fruition.
The course will:
- Develop the basic skills and techniques required to produce a secondary school timetable.
- Provide a series of in-depth practical exercises based around a real school timetable and real curriculum designs.
- Promote efficiency within timetabling.
- Provide an opportunity to share curriculum structures and development ideas with fellow timetablers.
- Introduce techniques that can widen curricular offerings to learners.
- Demonstrate software that supports the timetabling process.
Who is the course for?
Headteachers, Senior School Managers, Principal Teachers, Business Managers and staff with a keen interest in learning how to timetable.
This 3-day course is being hosted at the Macdonald Holyrood Hotel close to Moray House School of Education. Participants will be able to book accommodation, if required, at a preferential rate. Details on how to book using this rate will be available shortly. Participants are responsible for their own accommodation and travel costs, however refreshments and lunch will be provided each day.
The 2019/20 dates for this course are:
- Wednesday 6th - Friday 8th November 2019
- Wednesday 4th - Friday 6th December 2019
- Wednesday 22nd - Friday 24th January 2020
The cost is £550 per person.
Engaging delivery, content was excellent, and I feel I have a solid grounding in the theory and basic application of timetabling
It provides me with the confidence to create a timetable when the time comes.