Details about previous work of the Teacher Education Partnership.
'Let’s Talk About Innovative and Inclusive Pedagogies' Event
We are delighted to share resources from the University of Edinburgh Teacher Education Partnership event:
Thinking & Communicating Critically
This course, co-constructed by a group of teachers, DHTs, local authority coordinators and university tutors from across the TEP, aimed to:
- support and develop individuals in interrogating policy, research and practice texts
- support participants to construct their own critically informed structured communication (e.g. report, poster, paper, presentation)
- provide support/preparation for engaging in further study at masters level
- build capacity within and across local authorities within the TEP
Education Scotland Aspect Review of the Education Authority and University Teacher Education Partnership Arrangements: Publication of Aspect Review Case report
This review outlines the emerging areas of strength and aspects for development/areas of challenge in the partnership agreements between local authorities and universities providing initial teacher education (ITE).
The report outlines current practice and identifies important areas for further development amongst key players. It provides case studies of effective practice and sets out recommendations for improvement.
The UoE TEP had been included as a case study and can be found in appendix 3, on page 19 of the report. A link to the report can be found here:
Setting off Sparks Conference: Journeying Together in the Early Phase
This Teacher Education Partnership Probationer Conference was held on 1st October 2016. Probationer teachers had opportunities to explore the range and meaning of Professional Learning and make connections to their own learning journey.
Teaching Scotland's Future Legacy Event
This sponsored Conference was held on 5th September 2015 for teachers from the six partner authorities within the University of Edinburgh TEP including Fife, Midlothian, Edinburgh, West Lothian, East Lothian and Scottish Borders Councils.
The event focussed on the influence of Teaching Scotland’s Future (TSF) and the work of the Teacher Education Partnership.
Guest speakers included Graham Donaldson, Rowena Arshad and Peter McNaughton.
- Teaching Scotland's Future Legacy Event
University of Edinburgh Partner Authority Course Accreditation
Seven Partnership career-long professional learning (CLPL) courses were approved and credit rated at the Moray House Board of Studies committee on the 9th September 2015. The courses that were approved are:
- West Lothian Coaching Diploma (West Lothian), credit-rated for 10 credits at SCQF level 7;
- Change Leadership (Fife), credit-rated for 20 credits at SCQF level 9;
- Leading Learning Through Practitioner Enquiry (Scottish Borders), credit-rated for 16 credits at SCQF level 9;
- Next Steps into Leadership (East Lothian), credit-rated for 20 credits at SCQF level 9;
- Leading a Project (City of Edinburgh Council), credit-rated for 14 credits at SCQF level 10;
- Developing Teacher Leadership (Midlothian), credit-rated for 20 credits at SCQF level 11;
- Leading from the Middle (The University of Edinburgh Teacher Education Partnership) credit-rated for 20 credits at SCQF level 11.
Teacher Education Partnership: Progress Report for Scottish Government
This report was compiled by a subgroup of the University of Edinburgh Teacher Education Partnership Steering Group to provide summary information about the Partnership and progress made to date with key initiatives.
Scottish Government funding to support Early Phase Professional Learning
Moray House School of Education and Sport and its Local Authority Partners (City of Edinburgh, East Lothian, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, West Lothian) were awarded Scottish Government funding to develop enhanced knowledge and understanding of initial teacher professional learning, induction and early phase professional learning across the Partnership.
- PGDE (Primary & Secondary)
- Primary Education (MA Hons)
- Primary Education with Gaelic (MA Hons)
- Physical Education (MA Hons)