PG Certificate: Middle Leadership & Management
We are delighted to offer some funded places for the PG Certificate: Middle Leadership & Management, which is significantly subsidised by the Scottish Government
PG Certificate: Middle Leadership & Management - Next Intake is Autumn 2022
This PG Certificate is primarily designed to meet learning needs of middle leaders who are in a promoted post (such as Principal Teacher/Curriculum leader). It is aligned to the GTCS Standard for Middle Leaders. Participants should have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience, working in professional roles commensurate with a middle leadership and management remit in order to fulfil the work-based components of the programme.
The specific aims of the programme are to:
- offer an enhanced professional development opportunity with tailored support for middle leaders with a view to improving outcomes for learners;
- develop participants’ confidence with key processes and practices relating to middle leadership;
- encourage participants to engage in collaborative practices working effectively to build leadership capacity within their setting;
- engage with learners in their establishment with the purpose of improving outcomes for young people/learners.
- Course 1: Developing as a Middle Leader and Manager (20 credits) - September 2022 to January 2023, taught by Graham Thomson
- Course 2: Leading Change and School Improvement (40 credits) - May 2023 to May 2024 [TBC], taught by Graham Thomson
- Twilight and/or Saturday taught sessions
- Participants must be able to attend all taught sessions
- Participants must be working in an appropriate professional school context
- Teaching will involve both online and in-person sessions.
Learn more about this programme's structure and requirements on the University Degree Finder.
Scottish Government Funding
Funded places are available for participants working within our 6 Teacher Education Partnerships Local Authorities (City of Edinburgh, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, East Lothian, West Lothian) . Participants who secure a funded place will be required to make a participant of £650 towards the fees. The remainder of the PG Certificate fees will be covered by The Scottish Government grant awarded to the UoE Teacher Education Partnership.
Participants working with one of our 6 Partner Local Authorities (City of Edinburgh, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, East Lothian, West Lothian)
- The application process is led by our Partner Local Authorities. Please contact your Local Authority (see below) with any questions or to indicate interest.
Participants from the Independent Sector/outwith our Partner Local Authorities
- We welcome self-funded applicants from outwith our partner authorities/the Independent sector. Self-funded participants will be required to pay the full course fee; this is currently set at £3975 for August 2021 courses.
Local Authority contacts can be found below for further enquiries.
- City of Edinburgh (Mhari-Louise Teden) - Mhari-Louise.Teden@edinburgh.gov.uk
- Fife (Sharon Smith) - email@example.com
- Midlothian (Annabel Bates) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scottish Borders (Caroline Howieson/Susanne Liddle/Christine Brown) - Cbrown@scotborders.gov.uk
- East Lothian (Margo Cunningham) - email@example.com
- West Lothian (Mairi Green / Steph MacKenzie) - firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
For any other general enquiries, please contact us at the email address below.