PG Certificate: Core Processes for Leadership and Learning
We are delighted to offer some funded places for the PG Certificate: Core Processes in Leadership and Learning, which is significantly subsidised by the Scottish Government
PG Certificate: Core Processes for Leadership & Learning - Next Intake is Autumn 2020
The courses within this PG Certificate are primarily aimed at class teachers and non-promoted staff. The focus is on developing pedagogical practice and understanding through critical enquiry approaches. There are three 20 credit courses, all of which are compulsory to achieve the PG Certificate Core Processes:
- Course 1 Self Study Enquiry (20 credits) - September 2018 to December 2018, taught by Gillian Robinson
- Course 2 Practitioner Enquiry (20 credits) - January 2019 to September 2019, taught by Gillian Robinson
- Course 3 Developing as a Leader (20 credits) - October 2019 to April 2020 (TBC), taught by Zoè Robertson
- Twilight and/or Saturday taught sessions
- Participants must be able to attend all taught sessions
- Participants must be working in an appropriate professional school context
Learn more about this programme's structure and requirements on the University Degree Finder.
Scottish Government Funding
Funded places are available for participants working within our 6 Teacher Education Partnerships Local Authorities (City of Edinburgh, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, East Lothian, West Lothian) . Participants who secure a funded place will be required to make a contribution of £650 towards the PG Certifiate fees. The remainder of the PG Certificate fees will be covered by The Scottish Government grant awarded to the UoE Teacher Education Partnership.
Our information session took place on Tuesday 26 November 2019. Please find below a PowerPoint presentation that was used during the event.
Participants working with one of our 6 Partner Local Authities (City of Edinburgh, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, East Lothian, West Lothian)
- The Application process is led by our Partner Local Authorities. Please contact your Local Authority (see below) with any questions or to indicate interest.
Participants from the Independent Sector/outwith our Partner Local Authorities
- We welcome self-funded applicants from outwith our partner authorities/the Independent sector. Self-funded participants will be required to pay the full course fee; this is currently set at £3770 for August 2020 courses.
Local Authority contacts can be found below for further enquiries.
- City of Edinburgh (Michelle Moore) - Michelle.Moore2@edinburgh.gov.uk
- Fife (Lesley Henderson) - Lesley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Midlothian (Christine Rednall) - Christine.Rednall@midlothian.gov.uk
- Scottish Borders (Caroline Howieson/Susanne Liddle/Christine Brown) - Cbrown@scotborders.gov.uk
- East Lothian (Margo Cunningham) - email@example.com
- West Lothian (Iain McDermott) - firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other general enquiries, please contact us at the email address below.