PG Certificate: Core Processes for Leadership and Learning
We are delighted to offer some funded places for the PG Certificate: Core Processes in Leadership and Learning, which is significantly subsidised by the Scottish Government
PG Certificate: Core Processes for Leadership & Learning - Next Intake is August 2022
The courses within this PG Certificate are primarily aimed at class teachers and non-promoted staff. The focus is on developing pedagogical practice and understanding through critical enquiry approaches. There are three 20 credit courses, all of which are compulsory to achieve the PG Certificate Core Processes:
- Course 1 Self Study Enquiry (20 credits) - August 2022 to December 2022, taught by Nicola Carse
- Course 2 Practitioner Enquiry (20 credits) - January 2023 to September 2023, taught by Shereen Benjamin
- Course 3 Developing as a Leader (20 credits) - October 2023 to April 2024 (TBC), taught by Graham Thomson
- Twilight and/or Saturday taught sessions
- Participants must be able to attend all taught sessions
- Participants must be working in an appropriate professional school context
- Teaching will involve both online and in-person sessions.
Learn more about this programme's structure and requirements on the University Degree Finder.
Scottish Government Funding
Funded places are available for participants working within our 6 Teacher Education Partnerships Local Authorities (City of Edinburgh, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, East Lothian, West Lothian) . Participants who secure a funded place will be required to make a contribution of £650 towards the PG Certifiate fees. The remainder of the PG Certificate fees will be covered by The Scottish Government grant awarded to the UoE Teacher Education Partnership.
Participants working with one of our 6 Partner Local Authorities (City of Edinburgh, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, East Lothian, West Lothian)
- The Application process is led by our Partner Local Authorities. Please contact your Local Authority (see below) with any questions or to indicate interest.
Participants from the Independent Sector/outwith our Partner Local Authorities
- We welcome self-funded applicants from outwith our partner authorities/the Independent sector. Self-funded participants will be required to pay the full course fee; this is currently set at £3975 for August 2022 courses.
Local Authority contacts can be found below for further enquiries.
- City of Edinburgh (Mhari-Louise Teden) - Mhari-Louise.Teden@edinburgh.gov.uk
- Fife (Sharon Smith) - email@example.com
- Midlothian (Annabel Bates) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scottish Borders (Caroline Howieson/Susanne Liddle/Christine Brown) - Cbrown@scotborders.gov.uk
- East Lothian (Margo Cunningham) - email@example.com
- West Lothian (Mairi Green / Steph MacKenzie) - firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
For any other general enquiries, please contact us at the email address below.