The new student support model
Information about the new student support model which is being introduced across the University.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught students
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught students at Moray House will have a ‘Student Adviser’ and an ‘Academic Cohort Lead’ as part of the new student support model.
Our approach aims to help you to:
- Become a more confident learner in your discipline
- Play an active part in your academic community
- Reflect on your academic progress
- Make effective use of your academic feedback
- Engage in effective career planning
- Access academic and pastoral support to help you during your degree
The Senior Tutors oversee the Academic Cohort Lead system. They will also be involved where there are concerns with students’ academic progress. Their contact information is below. You can also contact them through the Student Experience and Support Office.
Postgraduate Research students
Postgraduate research students have supervisors who provide academic guidance and signpost academic and pastoral support. Research students can also contact the Student Experience and Support Office for information on support available.
The Director of Postgraduate Research Studies, Dr John Kelly, oversees support for postgraduate research students.