Degree programme transfers
If you are interested in transferring into a Moray House School of Education and Sport programme, please contact the Student Experience and Support team at email@example.com for further advice.
Please note that in order to transfer:
- 1st Year students should meet UCAS entry requirements as well as any relevant University Admissions threshold for the degree that they wish to transfer into.
- Students should normally meet the criteria in the Degree Programme Table for the programme they wish to transfer to.
- You must contact your funding body for advice on the implications of your intended transfer on fees and funding. Independent and confidential advice can also be sought from Edinburgh University Students' Association Advice Place.
- Student visa holders are responsible for making sure that any change is in line with the conditions of their visa. The Student Immigration Service should be consulted at an early stage.
Transfers for 1st Year new entrants are only permitted in the first two weeks of teaching and must be approved by the CAHSS Admissions Office. After Week 2, it is not possible to transfer until the end of the academic year.
If you have not completed all the compulsory courses of the preceding years of the MHSES programme, we will need to check that you meet the entry requirements for the programme, and you may be required to take a full-time or part-time repeat year. No student transferring degree programme will be permitted more than one additional year of study.
How to apply
Deadlines for submission of applications
- Friday 14 July 2023 by 5pm for most programmes.
- Please note that if you are requesting to transfer into one of our Initial Teacher Education programmes: Physical Education (MA Hons) and Primary Education with Gaelic (Fluent/Learner) (MA Hons) the submission date is 27 January 2023 by 5pm and you will also be required to attend an interview.
Students will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after that date. Applications submitted after this deadline will be considered at the end of the Summer, once the results of any additional assessment have been ratified.
You can apply for transfer into the programme by completing this Moray House School of Education and Sport (MHSES) Transfer Request Form and emailing it to the Student Experience and Support (SESO) Team at MHSES.