This programme can open up a wide range of careers within and outside of schools.
Our graduates have gone on to diverse roles such as:
- Teaching – primary and secondary schools, physical education or within ‘additional support’ contexts (Note: the MSc Education is not considered a teaching qualification in the UK and the degree does not provide teacher education. However, some countries do translate this degree as a teaching qualification.)
- Work in educational policy at local, regional, national and international levels
- Work in educational administration at all levels
- Advisors to politicians on educational matters
- International recruitment for higher education institutions in Scotland and around the world
- Research work for charitable agencies related to education
- Community Education practitioners
- Doctoral research (PhD)
Heidi Benjaminson, MSc Education 2011
'I believe my MSc made me more competitive in the job market. I returned to the same field after my studies, with 3 years of work experience prior to studying, but I know I stood out more and was viewed as dedicated to the field thanks to my degree. Years later I feel it gives me a legitimacy in the field that not everybody possesses.'
The University of Edinburgh's Careers Service supports all current students (and graduates for up to 2 years) to develop their potential and achieve satisfying and rewarding futures.
Join in and make use of:
- individual appointments
- group sessions
- wider campus-based activity
- online services and resources
We also deliver a diverse programme of face-to-face and online events throughout the academic year.