Social Enterprise Community
We want to encourage and support more social enterprises at the University of Edinburgh.
Make the world better, together. This new support programme is designed to empower student entrepreneurs with an early stage social enterprise idea in a supportive environment. If you have an early stage social enterprise idea this programme is the perfect place to launch your idea and help each other succeed.
With this support programme we aim to:
- Create a supportive network of social entrepreneurs who can form a community and share knowledge and experiences
- Equip you with an understanding of the challenges facing social enterprises
- Help you validate your market and understand how your enterprise fits within an ecosystem of stakeholders
- Map your networks and benefit from connecting to each other
There will be one in-person event every Thursday, 11am-1pm. These sessions will be fully catered.
- Session 1- Social enterprise ecosystem introduction
- Session 2 - Marketing validation and stakeholders
- Session 3 - Problem solving circle
- Session 4 - Network mapping
Successful applicants will be sent links to book places at these events.
It is planned that these sessions will be held in-person at George Square, near Appleton Tower. The exact location is TBD. They may move online if Government/University Covid restrictions require.
Who can apply?
Any student or recent graduate (two years after graduation) from the University of Edinburgh with an early-stage social enterprise idea. This support programme is perfect for purpose-driven entrepreneurs, students and graduates who want to make a difference and entrepreneurs looking for a support network.
Applications have now closed and this programme is currently running