Enterprise Foundation Programme
Join our Enterprise Programme to develop your idea in just four weeks.
The Enterprise Foundation Programme will give you opportunities to develop the building blocks that can make your enterprise succeed. Better connect your idea with customers and beneficiaries and communicate your idea to people who can help you thrive.
You’ll learn alongside a cohort of like-minded peers and have the chance to join our entrepreneurial community and connect with others.
This programme will take place over 4-weeks and consists of:
- Developing your idea working alongside like-minded entrepreneurs and learning about yourself by helping others
- Validating your idea with market research and tried and tested entrepreneurial tools
- Preparing to launch your idea by learning how to find your first customers, build a prototype and learn essential pitching skills
- Effectively communicating your idea to your peers and our panel, getting valuable feedback to help you hone your idea and identify funding opportunities
- Engaging with the University's entrepreneurial community
Taking place over 4-weeks with a minimum 15-hour time commitment for the whole programme.
In total there are:
- Three online workshops held on a Wednesday
- Cohort meetings and essential tasks to complete between each workshop
You'll experience these workshops and work directly with a cohort of like-minded entrepreneurs, with whom we will sort you based on the applications we receive. If you are not able to attend on Wednesday afternoons, we will work with you to ensure that you are able to still experience the programme fully.
Each workshop will be 1.5 hours followed by a brief discussion with your cohort and with 1-2 hours of Founders Tasks assigned to complete before the next workshop begins. Other optional opportunities will be made available throughout the Programme.
Dates for the current cohort:
You'll be informed of the result of your application by beginning of October, then invited to attend or watch the recording of the following workshops and peer-to-peer sessions:
- 3 November, 4pm-5pm - Welcome, Q&A and meet your cohort
- 17 November, 3pm-5pm - Pitching Workshop
- 24 November, 3pm-5pm - Pitch 'n' Party - an opportunity to pitch to your peers and a panel
Upon successful completion of the Programme (attending all four workshops, pitching your idea and getting feedback), you’ll receive a certificate.
You can also elect to automatically be entered into our monthly Business Ideas Competition for a chance to win a share of £500!
NEXT DEADLINE: Sunday 31 October