The Edinburgh Award for Enterprise
Get official recognition for your entrepreneurial activity
Are you engaging with entrepreneurial activities while studying at the University of Edinburgh? Are these activities contributing to your skills development and having an impact on others?
Edinburgh Innovations aims to ensure that you are recognised for these extraordinary activities, without substantially increasing your workload, through the Edinburgh Award for Enterprise. This Award will appear on your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).
Eligibility for the award is predicated by a range of activities which will help you develop and reflect on entrepreneurial skills, including:
- Attend an introductory session on Blackboard Learn (you will be automatically enrolled once you sign up below).
- Complete a brief skills assessment.
- Complete three short (500 words) pieces of reflective writing, assessing your skills development and the impact of your entrepreneurial activities.
- Log 50 hours of entrepreneurial activities (these should be activities you would be completing otherwise, such as engagement with student societies, Edinburgh Innovations startup workshops, working on a business plan, getting your startup off the ground, etc.).
- Attend one of four Edinburgh Innovations Pitching Workshops throughout the year.
- Come up with a business idea and complete a 1-page Lean Canvas to develop it.
- Present your business idea at a final Pitching & Networking event on 31 March (for more information, please email Robert.Pembleton@ei.ed.ac.uk).
These activities will help you network and learn from the wider student entrepreneurial community as well as help you develop valuable and widely applicable skills.
All current students at the University of Edinburgh are encouraged to apply. You do not need to have started a business or social enterprise quite yet, but we aim to help you progress towards that goal should you wish to do so.
For more information, email Robert.Pembleton@ei.ed.ac.uk