Public lecture: 9 Months of Discovery - How we found out why people die from Covid-19
2020 Edinburgh Infectious Diseases Winter Lecture: We are delighted to invite you to our Annual Winter Lecture, which this year will be given by Dr Kenneth Baillie on Wednesday 25 November at 5.30 pm.
Kenneth is a Principal Investigator in the Roslin Institute at the University of Edinburgh and an Academic Consultant in Critical Care Medicine at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
On Sunday 2 February 2020 Kenneth and his lab diverted the bulk of their resources towards the research response to Covid-19, and ever since have been involved in several national and global projects tackling the disease:
- Leading the GenOMICC study in the UK (setting up recruitment in new sites, building and distributing thousands of recruitment packs to hospitals)
- Leading the ISARIC 4C study (together with co-leads Calum Semple and Peter Openshaw)
- Leading global harmonisation in observational outbreak research (the ISARIC CCP)
- Contributing to WHO Panels (Clinical Management; Research Prioritisation)
- Providing advice on trials and supportive care to UK Government (NERVTAG)
- Caring for patients in various ICUs and infectious disease units in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Kenneth will talk about some of this crucial and ground-breaking work in his presentation.
We very much hope that you will be able to join us.