SGPE Residential Conference 2018
Information about the SGPE Residential Conference in 2018.
This year the SGPE Residential Conference will take place at Crieff Hydro on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th January 2018 and will be attended by staff and PhD students, as well as MSc students.
In 2016, there was a Panel presentation on the Scottish and UK economy after the referendum,
As part of the Panel
- David Cobham (Heriot-Watt) gave a presentation on “Currency options for an independent Scotland”
- David Bell (Stirling) covered “The Referendum Outcome and the Aftermath”
- David Eisner (Stirling) talked about “Inequality and the Scottish independence debate”
The closing presentation of the conference was given by Nick Hanley about “Measuring the Sustainability of Economic Development Over the Very Long Run”
Sign-ups to be launched late 2017.
Applying for PhD Affiliation
To attend the Residential Conference or access our advanced training opportunities you must come from one of our SGPE Institutions.
Most PhD Economics students at SGPE partner institutions are eligible to join:
- University of Aberdeen
- Dundee University
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- University of Heriot-Watt
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde