SGPE Conference 2020
Information about the SGPE Conference in 2020.
This year the SGPE Conference will take place at Crieff Hydro on Thursday 09 and Friday 10 January 2020 and will be attended by staff and PhD students, as well as MSc Students.
In 2019, there were many exciting talks given by leaders in the field of Economics:
- Carlo Morelli (Senior Lecturer, University of Dundee) gave a presentation on "Beyond neo-classical theories of the firm. Marx, pluralist and hetrodox economic ideas in business history"
- Sheila Dow (Emeritus Professor, Stirling University) talked about "Pluralism in Economics"
- Cristina Lafuente (University of Edinburgh) covered "Numerical methods"
The final presentation of the conference was given by Stephan Heblich (Reader in Economics, University of Bristol) about "East Side Story: Historical Pollution and Persistent Neighbourhood Sorting".
In 2018, there were many exciting talks given by leaders in the field of Economics:
The final presentation of the conference was given by Liam Delaney (Professor of Behavioural Economics, University College Dublin) about "Using insights from behavioural economics for public policy".
Applying for PhD Affiliation
To attend the Conference or access our advanced training opportunities you must come from one of our SGPE Institutions.
Most PhD Economics students at SGPE partner institutions are eligible to join:
- University of Aberdeen
- Dundee University
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- University of Heriot-Watt
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde