Our programme offers you the opportunity to explore your research topic with first-rate supervision, extensive additional training together with full financial support. Studying with the School gives you the opportunity to become a part of an active research community. Find out how to apply and entry requirements below.
- Exceptional research community allows us to provide supervision on a broad range of topics by leading experts.
- Vibrant community of doctoral students, studying a range of topics, regular PhD reading groups and opportunities for international exchange visits.
- Modern training programme including research methods in microeconomics, research methods in macroeconomics, research methods in econometrics and frontiers of economics, and the option to take further advanced courses.
- Full financial support at research council rates for up to four years through a range of scholarships and studentships.
- Affiliation to the Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics and participation in its annual conference.
- Opportunity of post-doctoral career development fellowships for the best PhD graduates.