Reasons to choose Edinburgh for your degree in economics
- Our staff makes up one of the leading groups of economic theorists in Europe and the base for the Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics.
- We receive invariably high ratings for academic standards, teaching and learning resources.
- Our course follows an innovative structure; rich and varied menu of options.
- Your honours dissertation will enable you to explore in depth a suitable topic of your choice.
- The structure of your economics degree is flexible, and allows a wide range of course combinations to go alongside economics.
- We have been consistently ranked as one of the top 25 universities in the world (Source: US News and World Report – World's Best Colleges and Universities: Top 200 and Times Higher Education – QS World University Rankings).
Our undergraduate degree is a solid basis for further study or a career in economics. We can offer a flexible programme with a wide range of courses due to the School's expansive list of specialities.
We offer three taught masters, Masters in Economics, Masters in Economics (Econometrics) and Masters in Economics (Finance). All three provide a solid grounding in the latest research methods needed for PhD study.
Our PhD students are essential to our active research community. We are able to supervise a wide range of interests and offer additional training to complement your research.
The Economics Society is one of the largest societies at the University and has over 500 members.
The Edinburgh University Trading and Investment Club owns the UK’s largest student investment portfolio and equips its members with the skills necessary for graduate success in finance.
Both societies offer social and educational events, welcoming industry speakers and establishing links with prospective employers.