Reasons to choose Edinburgh for your degree in economics.
- Our staff makes up one of the leading groups of economic theorists in Europe and the base for the Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics.
- We receive invariably high ratings for academic standards, teaching and learning resources..
- Your Honours dissertation will enable you to explore in depth a suitable topic of your choice.
- The structure of your economics degree is flexible, and allows a wide range of course combinations to go alongside economics.
- We have been consistently ranked as one of the top 25 universities in the world (Source: US News and World Report – World's Best Colleges and Universities: Top 200 and Times Higher Education – QS World University Rankings).
Our undergraduate degree is a solid basis for further study or a career in economics. We offer a flexible programme with a wide range of courses due to the School's expansive list of specialities.
We offer three Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics (SGPE) taught masters: Masters in Economics, Masters in Economics (Econometrics), and Masters in Economics (Finance). We also deliver the MSc Mathematical Economics and Econometrics. All provide a solid grounding in the latest research methods needed for PhD study.
Our PhD students are essential to our active research community. We are able to supervise a wide range of interests and offer additional training to complement your research.
We want students to feel supported and encouraged during their time with us. There is a variety of support available, including our Student Experience and Wellbeing Team, EconPALS and Econ Clans, and Cohort Leads. In addition, students can access a wide range of University services.
We are very lucky to have vibrant and active student societies that are at the core of our student community. Find out more about them on our Societies page.