MSF Schools Programme 2020
This year, we are delighted to be able to bring an online version of the Festival to your classroom. The programme looks quite different and includes live online workshops, Meet our Scientist interactive virtual sessions, outdoor trails, teacher twilight sessions and a set of classroom resources from organisations doing innovative science right here on the doorstep of your school. Download and book now!
The Midlothian Science Festival Schools Programme is run as part of the Midlothian Science Festival, a small Scottish charity. The schools programme is coordinated by the Easter Bush Science Outreach Centre and is made possible by local scientists and STEM organisations that oﬀer exciting, interesting and inspiring workshops for our Midlothian learners.
- Inspire and engage Midlothian learners in science and discovery
- To cultivate curiosity and communicate the power of knowledge and creativity to change our world view
- Encourage young people to understand real‐life application of science and issues of controversy so that they might become well informed citizens involved in decision making
- Raise aspirations of local young people, give opportunities to meet and speak with scientists and help cultivate the next generation of scientific explorers
All of the activities in this year's programme are offered free of charge and include live online workshops, Meet our Scientists interactive virtual sessions, outdoor learning activities, teacher CLPL sessions, family learning activities and resources to use in your classroom. Book early to avoid disappointment.
You can download the programme here:
How to book
- We can only take bookings from Midlothian Council schools. (If you are not in Midlothian but like the look of the sessions, let us know as we will be running similar session in the near future!)
- Please note that there are a limited number of sessions, so book early to avoid disappointment
- To book please email the named contact for the workshop (listed for each workshop in the programme)
- If you have any general enquires about the programme you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download a copy of our Online Safeguarding Position Statement and Code of Conduct for the Midlothian Science Festival Schools Programme by clicking here.