Please follow our application procedure to apply for an E4 DTP studentship.
Applications for the September 2021 intake will open at the beginning of November 2020.
Please refer to the Funding and Eligibility section and check your eligibility to apply before preparing your application.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further queries.
1. Browse the available projects and contact the supervisors (the first name mentioned in the project proposals is the lead supervisor). If you like to apply on a project of your own, different from those advertised, it is possible. You need to find a supervisor willing to support your application first. They will be responsible for submitting the project to us, by mid-December at the latest, as it needs to be reviewed and approved before we can accept your application.
2. After you have discussed the project of interest to you with the project main supervisor, download the Application Form and the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form below. You can apply to up to 2 projects.
3. Please ask 2 referees to send reference letters to email@example.com by the application deadline. Reference letters should be dated (not older than 2 years), signed (an electronic signature is fine) and on headed paper. We have issued some guidance for referees to produce helpful references in the below document 'E4 DTP Guidance for referees'. You can forward the guidance to them together with your request for reference. It is your responsibility to ensure that both references are submitted on time.
4. Complete the Application Form and the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form. Gather the required documents listed on the form: an up-to-date CV and all transcripts and certificates of your degrees to-date (including interim transcripts if available).
5. Submit your complete application by sending the Application Form, the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form, your CV, your transcripts and certificates via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
6. We will acknowledge receipt of your application and be back in touch by 15 February 2021 at the latest with the outcome.
We anticipate that the interviews will be held in Edinburgh at the end of February 2021.