Please follow our application procedure to apply for an E4 DTP studentship.
ANNUAL CLOSURE: the E4 DTP Admission team will be off line from 23rd December 2020, 4pm, to 5th January 2021, 9am, during the University annual closure. Applications, references and queries sent to email@example.com will be picked up on the 5th of January.
Applications are now open for a September/October 2021 entry. The application deadline is Thursday 7 January 2021, 12 noon.
Webinar and Q&A sessions for potential applicants
- FOR A MORE DIVERSE E4 DTP:
- We are committed to increasing the diversity of our applicant pool and recruited cohorts and as such encourage applications from students from diverse backgrounds and/or with protected characteristics. We have widening participation mechanisms in place to specifically support applications from students who are from an under-represented group and who wish to disclose that information within their application (please refer to our application process below for further details).
1. FIND PROJECT(S)
Browse the available projects from our projects database and contact the supervisors (the first name mentioned in the project proposals is the lead supervisor).
If you like to submit a project of your own, different from those advertised, please follow the steps detailed in the below E4 DTP Student-led Project Submission Guidance document before proceeding with your application, through steps 2 to 6 below. Deadline for submitting a student-led project is 15 December 2020.
2. DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS
After you have discussed the project(s) of interest to you with the project main supervisor (or submitted your own project), download and carefully read the 3 forms listed below. You can apply to up to 2 projects (using one single application form).
- Application Form
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
- Widening Participation Form
3. CONTACT REFEREES
Please ask 2 referees to send reference letters directly to us, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by the application deadline.
Reference letters should be dated (not older than 2 years), signed (a scanned or typed signature is fine) and on headed paper. We have issued some guidance for referees to produce helpful references in the below document 'E4 DTP Guidance for Referees'. You can forward the guidance to them together with your request for reference.
It is your responsibility to ensure that both references are submitted on time, by the above deadline. We won't accept reference letters provided by yourself.
4. GATHER DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETED FORMS
Gather the below compulsory documents:
the Application Form, duly completed and with relevant boxes ticked;
the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form (completed or not);
an up-to-date academic CV (not more than 2 pages);
all Transcripts and Certificates of Higher Education Degrees obtained to date (including interim transcripts if available). Note that for documents that are not in English, providing us with a translation is helpful although not compulsory.
Gather the below optional documents as relevant to your situation:
- the Widening Participation Form: for applicants from an under-represented group, who wish to disclose to us to benefit from our WP scheme
- a valid English Language Test: for non-English native speakers who already hold a test that fits our requirements (please refer to the English Proficiency section on the Application Form or the Entry and Eligibility Criteria webpage) - If you do not have a valid test at the time of submitting your application, that is fine, you will need to provide one by the interview stage - end of February)
- a proof of your immigration status: for applicants with EU pre-settled or settled status or with Indefinite Leave to Remain (please see the UKRI Funding Eligibility section on the Application Form for further details)
5. SUBMIT APPLICATION
Submit your complete application by sending ALL the relevant documents via a single email to email@example.com before the application deadline: 7 January 2021, 12 noon. Documents can be either in word or pdf format. It is not necessary to combine them in a single pdf file.
Please read: Applications that do not include at least the above compulsory documents will be deemed incomplete and automatically rejected (if you are awaiting transcripts from your university, please state this in your email when sending your application). Applications that do not comply with our application procedure will be rejected (e.g. CVs longer than 2 pages, separate cover letter instead of the 300-word statement). Please do not include additional documents such as separate cover letters, papers, essays, theses or references. They won't be forwarded for assessment.
We will acknowledge receipt of your application by email and be back in touch by 15 February 2021, at the latest, with the outcome, through email. You can read about our selection process and indicative timing here.
We anticipate that the interviews will be held on the 23rd, 24th and 25th of February 2021. It is also anticipated that interviews will be held online however, this will be confirmed in due course.