People and structure
About the Doctoral College leadership and management structure, and the wider Doctoral College team.
Leadership and management
The leadership of the Doctoral College is provided by a core group of staff and student representatives. This group currently comprises:
- Professor Antony Maciocia, Dean of Postgraduate Research, College of Science and Engineering (Doctoral College co-lead)
- Professor Stephen Bowd, Dean of Postgraduate Studies, College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science (Doctoral College co-lead)
- Professor Patrick Hadoke, Head of Postgraduate and Early Career Research Experience, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (Doctoral College co-lead)
- Professor Robert Semple, Dean of Postgraduate Research, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (Doctoral College co-lead)
- Dr Fiona Philippi, Head of Doctoral Education, Institute for Academic Development (Doctoral College Manager)
- Louise McKay, Programme Manager – Doctoral Provision, Institute for Academic Development
- Kirsty Woomble, Head of PGR Student Office, College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science
- Amanda Fegan, Doctoral Cohort Coordinator, College of Science and Engineering
- Julia Ferguson, Academic Policy Officer, College of Science and Engineering
- Kim Orsi, Academic Support Adminstrator (PGR), College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
- Susan Hunter, Academic Policy Officer, Academic Services
- Professor Clare Blackburn, Personal Chair in Tissue Stem Cell Biology, School of Biological Sciences
- Professor Jamie Pearce, Professor of Health Geography, Director, ESRC Scottish Graduate School of Social Science – Doctoral Training Partnership
- Dr Ian Glen, Project and Planning Support Officer
University Postgraduate Research student representative:
- Martyna Napierska
Doctoral College student representatives:
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: Brittany Blankinship
- College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine: Katherine Ross Stewart
- College of Science and Engineering: Anton Dubenko
This group is represented on relevant University governance committees and groups and reports to the Senate Education Committee.
The Doctoral College team
The wider Doctoral College team is made up of staff from Colleges, Schools, Deaneries and Professional Services who work with postgraduate researchers. This team coordinates and communicates information on postgraduate research across the institution and drives forward enhancements through smaller working groups.
It meets bi-monthly through the Doctoral College Teams Forum.
The University is a member of a number of UK and international organisations for researchers.