Opportunities, resources and events to help students develop the experience and skills valued by employers.
Careers followed by Divinity graduates are many and varied. Your degree opens up so many options and employers value the skills and strengths you can offer. The Careers Service is available to all School of Divinity students and doors are open throughout the academic year and during every vacation. From CV feedback to interview practice, from summer placements to graduate posts, from careers fairs to alumni events, the service is all about inspiring futures.
The University Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance, as well as a programme of events and access to opportunities.
It is never too early to start thinking about your future career
How you spend your time here is up to you – and will impact on your future.
- You don’t need to know yet what your future after University holds, so we’d advise you test out and try new experiences.
- What you do over the next 4 years will really matter. Getting involved earlier during your studies gives you more time to gain new experiences, pursue interests and develop ideas.
- Leaving it all until 4th year isn’t the best way to make the most of your time at university. Taking into account the demands of academic study – there is less time to develop your wider skills and experiences.
- You can access support from the Careers Service at every stage throughout your time at University and for 2 years after graduation.
- Be curious MyCareerHub – Opportunities access to thousands of opportunities ranging from part-time and vacation work, internships and voluntary posts, right through to full-time graduate jobs.
- Get involved beyond your degree: EUSA Volunteering Volunteer in Edinburgh; Join groups and societies EUSA & Sports Union
- Use our resources www.ed.ac.uk/careers and follow us on Social Media
- Get involved with an Edinburgh Award
- Look into internships
- Come and meet people who inspire you and find out the paths they chose at our Careers Fairs and events.
Talks, events and careers fairs
Meeting employers face to face can be a huge benefit and indeed an inspiration when planning your next steps. Throughout the year, the Careers Service organises a variety of talks, events and fairs where students can find out first-hand what employers are looking for and what they are offering. Dates and events are posted on our website and on MyCareerHub.
Contact the Careers Service
Find out more at www.ed.ac.uk/careers or drop by the Careers Service on the 3rd floor of the Main Library.