Student Support and Community
The Student Support Team in Divinity provide guidance and support to students. They work closely with Personal Tutors. They can help with enquiries of a pastoral nature and direct you to other appropriate support.
Student Support offers a drop in service. You are welcome to come into the office during office hours, or you can contact us to arrange an appointment. Our contact details may be found at the bottom of this page.
You can speak with a Student Support Officer confidentially. We will not disclose any of your details to a third party without your consent unless we believe that you or someone else is at imminent risk of harm.
How can we help?
The Student Support team is your first point of contact for enquiries about:
- Your programme of study (for example; curricula, regulations and procedures, course choices or study abroad opportunities)
- Changes to courses, or programme
- Attendance and absences
- Special circumstances
- Interruptions to studies
- Degree transfers
Student Support Officers can offer information on the following University Services:
- Accommodation Services
- Health Centre
- The Advice Place
Making the most of your student experience
In addition, Student Support Officers can provide information on:
- Class representatives
- Student-Staff liaison meetings
- PEER support
- Student societies
- Student community
- Welcome Week
- Divinity EUSA student reps
The student support office is open Monday to Friday 10am-4pm . Find us in Room G0.1, New College, Mound Place, Edinburgh EH1 2LX
Student support email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Support Officers for Divinity:
- Undergraduate (UG) support: Alexandra Lowe, tel 0131 650 7924
- Postgraduate taught students (PGT) support: Karen Duncan, tel 0131 650 7924
- Postgraduate research students (PGR) support: Karoline McLean, tel 0131 650 8952
Crisis outside of office hours?
University Security, tel 0131 650 2257
Services out-with the University:
Night Line, tel 0131 557 444
The Samaritans, tel 116 123
Rape Crisis Scotland, tel 08088 01 03 02
The University counselling service lists a number of helplines for mental health crisis support.