These images have been digitised and are available for viewing within the LUNA Insight software.
Your popups must be enabled to view these images.
This software provides a range of tools to assist the detailed study of the manuscripts and books. For example, you can zoom into every detail - you can see individual brushstrokes in the manuscript illustrations and read the owners' names and annotations in the books!
Here you will find information on the sources for the Religion in Late Medieval Scotland digital images.
Tips on searching
- Use 'Keywords' to search for a title or a specific name.
- Use the ID Number, entering the manuscript number or class-mark for books. This brings up all the images from that source.
- You can also find specific folios. Note that for manuscripts and books, include commas or full points (for example, Dd.2.33). For manuscript folio numbers there is no space between f. and number (for example, MS 312, f.173v).
- Or, use 'ID Number' and click on 'List'. A full sequential listing of all images in the collection will then appear. Clicking on any ID number will find the relevant image.
- Select 'Group' > 'Open Group' (for example, to view the entire MS 42). You can create your own groups.
- 'Data' on the menu provides further information on each image. The same information can be viewed by clicking the 'Image Data' tool on the toolbar.
These sources provide general historical background.
- M Lynch Scotland: A New History (London, 1992)