Dr Christos Gkogkas
We are interested in regulation of protein synthesis in neuropsychiatric disorders.
- 2013 - present: Chancellor’s Fellow, Centre for Integrative Physiology and The Patrick Wild Centre, University of Edinburgh, UK
- 2009 - 2013: Post-doctoral Fellow, Biochemistry Department, Laboratory of Professor Nahum Sonenberg, McGill University, Canada
- 2005 - 2009: PhD, Centre For Neuroscience Research, Laboratory of Dr. Paul Skehel, University of Edinburgh, UK
- 1999 - 2004: BSc in Biology, Department of Biology, University of Athens, Greece
We study the role of dysregulated protein synthesis in neuropsychiatric/neurodevelopmental disorders.
Using biochemical, electrophysiological and behavioural analysis in rodents and in vitro, we wish to examine translational control as a key tenet in the pathophysiology of neuropsychiatric/neurodevelopmental disorders such as ASD, Fragile X Syndrome (FXS) and Intellectual Disability (ID).
- Dr. Ines Amorim (Post-Doc)
- Dr. Gilliard Lach (Post-Doc)
- Stella Kouloulia (PhD student)
- Konstanze Simbriger (PhD student)
- Agniete Kampaite (Technician)