The physiological role of ADBE in the well-established circuits of the hippocampus.
- 2017- Present: Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Neuroscience - Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences, University of Edinburgh.
- 2016-2017: Postdoctoral Research Associate in Neuroscience - Department of Neuroscience, Psychology & Behaviour; University of Leicester.
- 2013-2016: Research Fellow in Neuropharmacology - School of Life Sciences, Queen’s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham.
- 2012-2013: Research Assistant - School of Biosciences, Sutton Bonington Campus, University of Nottingham.
- 2008-2012: PhD in Neurophysiology - School of Biosciences, Sutton Bonington Campus, University of Nottingham.
Maintenance of neuronal transmission is dependent on endocytosis of synaptic vesicles – of which activity-dependent bulk endocytosis (ADBE) is the dominant mode in neurons during periods of intense activity.
My current research examines the physiological role of ADBE in the well-established circuits of the hippocampus and seeks to determine its impact on neurotransmission at the synaptic and neuronal level. I am also highly motivated to explore the diverse applications of electrophysiological techniques in other research areas, particularly with a view to enhancing our understanding of complex neurological conditions such as neurodegenerative diseases.
Dobson KL and Bellamy TC. (2015) -Localization of presynaptic plasticity mechanisms enables functional independence of synaptic and ectopic transmission in the cerebellum. Neural Plasticity. doi:10.1155/2015/602356.
Croft WC, Dobson KL, Bellamy TC. (2015) - Plasticity of neuron-glial transmission: equipping glia for long term integration of network activity. Neural Plasticity. doi:10.1155/2015/765792.
Dobson KL, Jackson C, Balakrishnan S, Bellamy TC. (2015) - Caffeine modulates vesicle release and recovery at cerebellar parallel fibre terminals, independently of calcium and cyclic AMP signalling. PLoS ONE. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0125974.
Balakrishnan S, Dobson KL, Jackson C, Bellamy TC. (2014) - Ectopic release of glutamate contributes to spillover at parallel fibre synapses in the cerebellum. J Physiol 592, 1493-503.
Kelly S, Dobson KL, Harris J. (2013) - Spinal nociceptive reflexes are sensitized in the monosodium iodoacetate model of osteoarthritis pain in the rat. Osteoarthritis & Cartilage, 21, 1327-35.
Dobson KL and Harris J. (2012) - A detailed surgical method for mechanical decerebration of the rat. Experimental Physiology, 97, 693-8.