Brain maturation during critical developmental periods.
- 2019 - Present: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences, University of Edinburgh.
- 2019 - 2019: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Bristol.
- 2014 - 2018: PhD in Neural Dynamics, University of Bristol.
- 2011 - 2014: Publishing Editor, Institute of Physics Publishing.
- 2010: MPhys and BSc in Physics, University of Leeds.
How does the brain go from a collection of immature neurons to functional networks, able to integrate and process information? My work concerns brain maturation during critical developmental periods, and how these critical periods might be perturbed by the lack of FRMP seen in Fragile X Syndrome. Using a combination of computational and experimental approaches, I investigate the homeostatic mechanisms that influence the patterns of neuronal activity and network connectivity over the course of early-life development.