Sooraj V. Nair
Ion channels regulating the stress axis with focus on corticotroph excitability
University of Edinburgh- PhD degree- 2018-present
- Research Experience- Electrophysiology.
- Interdisciplinary skills with varied subject experience.
- Various work experiences- Resident Assistant, Tutor and demonstrator for various BMTO courses.
Mathura Veterinary College (DUVASU)-Master’s Degree-2014-2016.
- Pursued Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology-Distinction.
Madras Veterinary College- Bachelor’s Degree- 2008-13
- Presented in International clinical presentations.
- Recipient of Netaji Subhas-ICAR International fellowship 2017-18.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship.
Understanding the molecular and the functional regulation of corticotroph physiology and control of the stress axis.
My interests are focussed on identifying and understanding the function and regulation of ion channels involved in regulation of corticotroph excitability and hormone secretion. This includes identification of ion channels regulated by the secretagogues (CRH & AVP) and glucocorticoids that control ACTH secretion.