The Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences explores fundamental physiological mechanisms and pathways, from single genes to complex behaviour.
- Chris Henstridge awarded place on Scottish Crucible
- You Tube 'Can we cure jet lag with a single eye drop?'
- Scottish Government funding boost for MND research led by Prof Giles Hardingham
- Scientists are closer to curing deadly pulmonary arterial hypertension
- New research gives hope of better treatments for thousands living with deadly condition
- Edinburgh Neuroscientists help with first Scottish Brain Bee competition
- Insights into depression could aid development of new treatments
- Major overview of advances in therapy for spinal muscular atrophy published
- Synapse loss may underlie brain changes in motor neurone disease
Our Research themes and multidisciplinary approach
Current vacancies, funding opportunites and life at the Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences
- 24th May 2018, 1:00 pm: 'Molecular connection between calcium-regulated exocytosis and compensatory endocytosis in neuroendocrine cells and neurons" Dr. Stéphane Gasman, Cellular and Integrative Neurosciences Institute (INCI), Université de Strasbourg, Hugh Robson Building Lecture Theatre
- 31st May 2018, 1:00 pm: 'Mechanisms of homeostatic plasticity in mouse visual cortex' Dr. Tara Keck, Neuro, Physiology & Pharmacology, UCL, Hugh Robson Building Lecture Theatre