The Centre for Discovery Brain Sciences explores fundamental physiological mechanisms and pathways, from single genes to complex behaviour.
- Dr Tian Tian to speak at 'Development Presents....' on Wed 12th May at 16.00
- Congratulations to Professor Tara Spires-Jones on being appointed the President-elect of the British Neuroscience Association.
- The Denholm lab contribute to a new study investigating systemic osmoregulation in beetles
- Veronique Miron awarded MRC senior non-clinical fellowship
- Debut online Edinburgh Brain Bee competition
- Anatomy PhD student wins award from The Anatomical Society - Paxton lab
- New BBSRC award to investigate integration of object and place codes in the brain - Nolan lab
Our Research themes and multidisciplinary approach
Current vacancies, funding opportunites and visiting student information.
CDBS Seminar Series (online)
Thursday 13th May, 2021, 1pm: Dr Suze Wegmann, DZNE, Berlin, Germany - 'Biomolecular condensates of Tau proteins and their potential physiological and pathological roles':
Monday 17th May, 2021, 1pm: Dr Sara N Burke, Associate Professor of Neuroscience and Associate Director of the Cognitive Aging and Memory Center, Florida, USA - 'A Network-based Approach for Understanding and Treating Cognitive Aging'