For donors and fundraisers (both alumni and non-alumni)
We collect information about you if you make a donation to the University or the University of Edinburgh Development Trust, or fundraise in aid of us.
The information we collect includes:
- donation records, including bank account details for processing Direct Debits, where applicable, which, along with all other personal data we collect and hold, is held securely on the University’s Development and Alumni database as described in the ‘How we store and protect your information’ section of this notice;
- your contact details and details of fundraising events you participate in on behalf of the University, as well as details of any JustGiving pages created by you in support of the University;
- whether you are a UK taxpayer and Gift Aid Declaration details, where applicable, for HMRC;
- donor agreements with the University or the University of Edinburgh Development Trust;
- information about planned giving, such as bequests, to the University or the University of Edinburgh Development Trust;
- if you donate in the USA, a record of any gifts you have made to the University of Edinburgh USA Development Trust.
Development and Alumni does not process bank card details for online donations on the University’s network. These are processed by our accredited payment service provider in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). If you provide your bank card details to us on a paper form or over the phone we will use them to process your payment securely and then immediately shred the card number in line with PCI-DSS regulations and never store your bank card number.