Some of the personal data the University holds about you is transferred from your student record to the Development and Alumni database.
We primarily collect personal data from your student record when you complete your studies. This will include:
- your name, title, gender, nationality, domicile on entry, date of birth;
- your matriculation number;
- your home or parental address, email address and telephone numbers;
- your education record, including course, award, school, college, start, end and completion dates, reason for leaving, type and classification of award, thesis title, mode of study (full-time, part-time, distance learning);
- whether you are a member of the General Council or not.
For alumni who studied at Moray House School of Education before the merger with the University in 1998, we manually create records upon your request after verifying your details.
For alumni who studied at Edinburgh College of Art before the merger with the University in 2011, we may need to manually create records upon your request after verifying your details.
We collect and append additional information to your alumni record that will allow us to communicate with you more effectively. This may include:
- a list of your student sports club memberships;
- whether you received a prize, scholarship or an award;
- any student volunteering activities you undertook;
- whether you are a member of the Graduates’ Association;
- whether you are a current student at the University;
- information you provided in an alumni census or survey, such as interests;
- membership of alumni clubs or societies;
- a list from the University’s HR database of current staff who self-identify as University alumni.