Our commitment to sustainability
Development and Alumni is committed to contributing to social responsibility and sustainability at the University of Edinburgh.
This includes supporting the University’s Climate Strategy through our working practices.
What are we doing?
Within Development and Alumni, we are taking the following steps
Participating in the University’s Sustainability Awards programme. We were awarded a Silver Sustainability Award in 2019.
Improving resource efficiencies through pooled procurement of office supplies, paperless sharing of information, enhanced recycling facilities and energy saving measures.
- Embedding a culture of sustainability and social responsibility by actively promoting and supporting sustainable travel, healthy working lives and charitable activities.
- Supporting research and teaching on climate responsibility through fundraising for scholarships, research and projects in this area. For example:
- the MSc in Carbon Management,
- professional climate literacy education and
- the Edinburgh Ocean Leaders Programme.