Non-credit bearing CPD for general dentists.
CPD - Continuing Professional Development
We know that continued professional development is an essential part of any progressive healthcare professional’s career, but it can be difficult to find the course that best suits your needs, schedule and budget. We deliver a range of tutored, participatory, online courses across the year to help professionals to meet CPD requirements and stay up-to-date with the latest advances.
The fact that the resources are fully supplied each week has meant that as a CPD course I have been able to fit study around my numerous work and home commitments.
Key Features of the CPD Courses
- Self-contained, online learning courses delivered via a custom designed learning environment
- Access to a carefully curated, open access, reading list to support your learning
- Delivered entirely online via your web browser - no plugins or software downloads required
- Learning methods include practitioner-oriented problem solving, computer-aided learning exercises and online class discussions
- Tutor support throughout each course
- Multi-disciplinary participation
- No formal assessment although each course has specific participation requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to receive your ‘Certificate of Participation’
- Includes online presentations, online discussions, reading material and self-directed study
All of our CPD courses are taken online and offer a flexible way to study while maintaining work and personal commitments. Each CPD course is five weeks in duration. Each week new content is released; you can review, print, read, and engage with that material. The following Monday to Friday your tutor joins the class online for discussions about the topics raised. You are encouraged to discuss with your class, ask questions and raise important points for feedback. This discussion is a key component of the learning process and the more you can engage with other learners and tutors, the more productive and enjoyable your learning will be.
What do you get at the end of the course?
At the end of each course, you will have some weeks to review and reflect on your understanding of the course materials, and to download any relevant material as future aide-memoires. Participants taking a CPD course will receive a Certificate of Participation on evidence that they have:
- logged in to the learning environment each week while the course is live
- contributed at least one post to each weekly discussion forum and/or contributed to any other online learning requirements of the course
- completed the personal reflective review on course completion
These CPD course are most suitable for healthcare professionals with an interest or practice base in general dental practice. There are no minimum entry requirements; however, to gain the most from the CPD courses, we would strongly suggest that applicants also:
- hold a higher education qualification, for example Diploma, BSc (Hons) or BA (Hons), in a dental healthcare related field
- have been a qualified dental healthcare professional for a minimum of two years before entry into the course, and,
- be sufficiently fluent in English reading, listening and writing to engage effectively with other learners
Applications for CPD courses must be received no later than two weeks before the start date of each course. New courses are added regularly so please get in touch if you want us to let you know when they are updated.
|Introduction to clinical evidence||Please email us for the next course start date|
|Introduction to dental clinical photography||Please email us for the next course start date|
Please contact email@example.com to register