Building careers, building business.
Data Science Training for Business Development Executives
There is a strategic need to train business development staff in the emerging domain of medical informatics and data science so as to raise awareness of key issues that exist at the interface of patient/NHS/industry and academia.
We are running 2 day courses in 2016 that will focus on core questions and provide case studies of some of the best practices.
- How does healthcare informatics (a) advance patient care (b) improve our healthcare systems (c) drive industrial research and development
- How are links created between different data sets? Who can access this data?
- What barriers exist regarding the ethical exploitation of data?
- How advanced is health informatics in Scotland, compared with other countries who also have electronic patient records?
- What does industry want from healthcare data?
Post Graduate Online
Edinburgh Data Science has launched the UK’s first online distance learning programme in ‘Data Science, Technology and Innovation’. Designed for working professionals, this modular programme offers a unique mix of modules aimed to educate and inspire a new generation of interdisciplinary data scientists, technologists and innovators.
IV Tuesday Speaker Series
The programme seeks to inspire and motivate those who wish to develop their careers in different directions or have entrepreneurial ambitions. Great speakers and networking opportunities. We are co-sponsoring Alex van Someren from Amadeus Capital in March 2016
We co-promote Tech Meetups which brings students and academics together with informatics practitioners from a variety of areas of industry, including government, the NHS, financial services, software houses, and start-ups.