Brand guidelines and logos
Guidelines and resources to ensure the University's brand is represented consistently.
The University places a high priority on developing and maintaining a consistent corporate image in order to reinforce its status and position both in the local and wider communities.
Much more than a simple badge, our logo embodies what the University of Edinburgh is all about. It tells people who we are, what we stand for, and what we offer.
The University's logo guides are presented as a series of chapters. This is the day to day guidance of its application covering all aspects of our corporate identity.
Please note: Chapter Nine Drawn to Edinburgh is under review.
- University corporate logos (requires EASE authentication)
- University corporate logos - digital (requires EASE authentication)
- School and Gaelic logos (requires EASE authentication)
- Unit and secondary logos (requires EASE authentication)
- "Proudly sponsored by" logos (requires EASE authentication)
- "Proudly supported by" logos (requires EASE authentication)
- "Proudly studied here" logos (requires EASE authentication)
If you are not part of the University community, please get in touch with your contact within the University of Edinburgh to access the files.
The Welcome campaign resources should be used when welcoming members of the public, new students and returning students. Additionally the Welcome design element can be applied to any correspondence with new members of staff.
Edinburgh Global Experience Language
Edinburgh Global Experience Language (EdGEL) is the University’s online design language. Built to be mobile ready and responsive, its purpose is to encourage the use of a coherent design language and design patterns.
Our aim is for users to interact with our information and services, without being aware of the range of technology in the background. EdGEL is jointly managed by Communications and Marketing and the University Website Programme.