The programme is delivered fully online using methods supported by the University’s award-winning online learning environments.
The University of Edinburgh offers study options and awards from its suite of pain management programmes.
There are two options available:
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/Masters – academic credit bearing
- Postgraduate Professional Development (PPD) – academic credit bearing
The postgraduate programme is delivered on a part-time basis by fully online distance learning. The programme is structured over three years and you have the option of taking a Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert), Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) or a Masters degree (MSc).
In order to fit in with the part-time nature of the programme, each academic year will consist of three 11-week terms, each of which offers plenty of time for independent study, reflection and consideration of practical application. If you are taking an academic credit bearing course, you will be expected to contribute between 15 to 20 hours per week of study. Our online programmes involve the same level of work overall as our on-campus programmes, and the qualification you receive is of equal value.
The completion times are as follows:
- Postgraduate Certificate – 12 months (33 weeks of academic study)
- Postgraduate Diploma –24 months (66 weeks of academic study)
- Masters Degree – 36 months (99 weeks of academic study)
An indicative timetable is below: