Is this programme for me?
Questions to help you decide if this course will benefit you and your professional practice.
If you feel you need the answers to the following questions this programme is for you.
There can be nothing more scary than being presented with an eight-week-old baby collapsed and flat, and a totally distressed mother.
- How do you cope?
- How do you begin to deal with this situation?
- Having resuscitated the child, can you safely transfer this child to the paediatric intensive care unit?
Your next patient is an eight-year-old boy who has fallen out of a tree. He has a bent arm and abdominal pain.
- What life threatening injuries has he got?
- What will you do to keep him safe?
- Are you familiar with current best practice on imaging his abdomen?
Next, a three-year-old child presents with unexplained bruising to the backs of her legs.
- Are you confident you will get the full differential diagnosis?
- Have you got the confidence to exclude child abuse?
- Or the knowledge to confirm Henoch Schonlein Purpura?